Healthy workers are almost three times more productive. That’s how valuable you can be as someone who has the skills to tackle health and well-being at work.
What kind of people take the NEBOSH Certificate in the Management of Health and Well-being at Work?
Anyone whose work involves improving the health and well-being of employees. This could mean people such as managers, supervisors, HR or health and safety personnel.
What will I gain from this qualification?
Knowledge – Improving health and well-being at work can seem daunting. This qualification will give you specialist knowledge you can apply straightaway, wherever you work.
Enjoyment – You’ll enjoy taking the NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Well-being. You’ll discover skills and techniques that are useful and practical, not just theoretical.
Career development – Gaining specialist knowledge of health and well-being will give you an extra set of skills that could help bring success and advancement to your career.
“Staff with the skills and competencies signified by NEBOSH’s Health and Well-being qualification should be highly valued by employers and employees alike. They add force to the commitment of employers and business managers to strengthen the essential elements of safety, health and well-being management.”
Dame Carol Black – Senior Policy Advisor on work and health to the British Government
What will my employer gain from this qualification?
A healthier workplace – Healthy workers can be almost three times more productive than their unhealthy colleagues.* People who are unwell either don’t perform at their best, or they don’t turn up for work at all.
Assurance – Organisations employing people with this qualification demonstrate a commitment to the health and well-being of their workforce. Something that will assure staff, customers and others, and which could help achieve recognised standards and even win new business.
Return on investment – An employee with a NEBOSH Certificate in the Management of Health and Well-being at Work has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern workplace.
What does the course cover?
- Identifying risks to health at work
- Learning how to manage sickness absence and implement a return to work programme
- Prevention and management of work-related stress
- Promoting equality and preventing disability discrimination
- Protecting health at work
- Working effectively with health professionals
- Dealing with mental health at work Further details including a syllabus summary can be found on our website.
How is the course assessed?
By written examination and a practical assessment based on identification of workplace health and well-being issues. A unit certificate is issued denoting achievement of each unit. A qualification parchment is issued on successful completion of the written unit and the practical assessment.
Where can I take a course leading to this qualification?
Details of training providers that represent NEBOSH throughout the world are on our website.
These training providers offer courses to fit around your requirements:
- Distance or blended learning
- Day or evening courses over a number of weeks
- Block release or modular courses Sometimes courses can be arranged to take place where you work. Employers can also become accredited NEBOSH course providers so that they can provide in-house training for staff.